Talking Dogs Scentwork® Elite Trainers
Talking Dogs Scentwork® Elite Trainers can deliver my core in person workshops, Scent 1 - 5. These blueprinted workshops take new teams from complete beginners to partnerships that can search complex areas indoor and out, can work long searches, blank searches and multiple article searches.
Some of the Elite Trainers also deliver Scent 6 which is our Accredited Handler certification workshop.
All travel to different hosted venues as well as providing their own training sessions, fully supported by each other and by me. Having the TDS stamp of approval gives their clients reassurance that they will receive training of the highest quality and integrity. Dog centred, supportive scentwork training that is tailored to each and every team is our standard service. No pushing dogs into stressful, risky or just plain miserable search training.
All our training is non compulsive, supportive, tailored and dog centred. If you don't train like this, we are not the organisation for you.
As you can see, I hold Elite Trainers to very high standards. Therefore, if you would like to become a Talking Dogs Scentwork® Elite Trainer you have to be ready to put in the work. I make no apology for this, nothing worthwhile comes easily. There are no shortcuts and no free passes. It will take investment of time and money.
If you're still reading, well done, you've not been daunted. So how do you become a TDS Elite Trainer?
- Work through the core workshops S1-5, ideally in person but you can do a mix of in person and online training.
- Achieve Accredited Handler certification. This must be done in person. Currently you can do this in Ely or Thirsk.
- Complete the Pro-Trainer online courses How to Teach Scentwork plus the two Masterclasses.
- Gain endorsement from an existing TDS Elite Trainer. You can do this by assisting in their workshops. By working and learning the TDS system from the trainer's perspective you can demonstrate your skills. Your Elite Training contacts will be able to advise and coach you in your journey. When you are ready, if they give their endorsement you can complete the formal application form.
- The ultimate decision on your suitability to become a TDS Elite Trainer lies with me, Pam, the Founder and Director of TDS.
What happens next?
When you've achieved TDS Elite Trainer status I will provide you with the core workshops blueprint bible, handouts and official paperwork.
You'll be added to our private online group.
Your contact details will be added to the main TDS website.
You will be recommended by me and fellow Elite Trainers according to your geographic area and services offered.
A monthly fee maintains your Elite Trainer status.
If you are ready to join us, the first step is to make contact with one or more TDS Elite Trainers. From there, you can pick up the process at whatever stage you're at, e.g. ready to go for Accredited Handler, needing to do more workshops to build your skills. I love to welcome new trainers to our family. But only the right trainers. Those who share our training ethos, for scentwork and other training disciplines. If you're with us, join us!